Tenderly now allows you to set custom values for special Solidity variables. These overrides enable wallets and dapps to modify certain properties of the block header when executing a transaction simulation.
Block header overrides are available on the following RPC endpoints:
tenderly_simulateTransaction(View in docs)
tenderly_simulateBundle(View in docs)
eth_call(View in docs)
Custom endpoints that are part of the
tenderly_ namespace accept a Block Overrides object. This object, which is optional, allows you to override the following header fields in a block:
- number: Set a custom block number.
- difficulty: Modify the block's difficulty level.
- time: Adjust the block timestamp.
- gasLimit: Set a custom gas limit for the block.
- coinbase: Specify the miner address for the block.
- random: Provide custom extra data for the block, influencing the
- baseFee: Override the base fee for the block.
Subscribe to Tenderly product updates